floral, Technique, Thinking of you, Valentine's Day

Altenew Rose Flurries

Edit: I thought that I had posted this earlier (it was on my Instagram) but I don’t know what happened to it not posting on my blog. My apologies! Here is the tutorial:

Welcome back! I really hope you enjoy this card that I have for you today. The majority of it was using die cuts and just the sentiment was stamped. It was a blast to make and I got to use up some of my scraps!

20190107_160933

This card was inspired by a coffee mug that I saw at Starbucks a few days ago. I just thought it was so pretty. I loved all the colors and these were colors that I wouldn’t necessarily think of putting together… but it works! I started with an A2 size piece of this teal-ish cardstock by Recollections. I used my blending tool and sponged on Distress Oxide in Evergreen Bough. I did leave the middle open to the true color of the cardstock for a “spotlight” effect. I then used black and white watered down paints and splattered the whole panel.

20190107_160924

Using the Rose Flurries die set from Altenew, I cut multiples in reds, pinks and yellows using any scraps that I had (I really have a lot and need to use them up). I also cut the leaves from green scrap pieces. I adhered all the layering pieces with liquid glue and set aside to dry. I applied my anti-static powder to my panel and using my stamp platform, I stamped and white heat embossed the sentiment from the Tulip Stamp Set, which is also from Altenew. If you noticed, the green foliage overlaps the sentiment. To make this look seemless, I first stamped on the panel, heat set and did not move the sentiment from the stamp platform. I adhered the foliage and then stamped the sentiment again over the foliage and heat set.

20190107_160951

I adhered all the elements using liquid glue or foam adhesive in 1 or 2 layers depending on the needed dimension…and it is dimensional as you can see! For a little added bling, I adhered some green colored gems that I had in my stash with some multi-media matte. The panel was then adhered using liquid glue to a heavy weight white A2 card base.

So lesson learned… you really can get inspiration from anything! I think that I will now be a little more aware of my surroundings in search for some inspiration.

Have a great day!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s