Hello friends! I am so happy to be back today with this floral card for our new March Challenge. I took a different approach than my card in the initial challenge announcement and went a little more traditional with lots of dimension. I hope you enjoy it!
My card is an A2 size top folding base made from heavy weight white cardstock. To create this easel card, I made an additional score at 2 3/4 inches on the front panel.
Out of a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch panel of contact paper, I used a circle die to make my mask for ink blending. Using the negative area, I masked my white A2 panel of Bristol Smooth paper. I blocked off small triangular areas within the circle and ink blended with Soft Sky ink. I did this multiple times to create some texture. I cut the white panel to 4 by 5 1/4 inches and matted it with Mist cardstock.
I set the panel aside and worked on my other elements by die cutting multiples of the Autumn Bouquet from white cardstock. I colored the flower and greenery elements with Copic markers using: YR27, YR24, Y15, E18 and E15 (Sunflower), RV34, R85 and RV11 (pink flower), BV00 and BV0000 (purple flower), C0, C1 and C3 (white flower), Y15 and YR24 (small flower centers) and YG95, G99, and YG17 (greenery).
I cut pieces from the extra flowers to add dimension or doubled up and adhered the flowers together. I added all of the elements onto the inked panel with foam tape or liquid adhesive.
The butterfly was die cut with the Bouquet Accessories Fancy Dies from Periwinkle cardstock. I added dimension with BV04 and BV01 Copic markers. Adding the platinum embossing powder to areas of the wings and the body really makes it pop! The sentiment was heat embossed with platinum embossing powder onto the same Periwinkle cardstock and diecut into a strip.
To make this card stand on its own, I adhered a strip of 1 1/4 inch of white cardstock on the inside. You can place this where you think is best depending on how high you want your card to stand. I heat embossed the “Thinking of you” sentiment with platinum embossing powder onto the periwinkle cardstock and adhered it to the white strip already inside. The finished panel was adhered to the bottom portion of the front card base only. This is so it can be displayed nicely.
I really hope that you enjoyed this easel card. I look forward to seeing your submissions for the challenge this month!
Stay crafty friends!