Hello everyone! Today, I am participating in an Instagram hop to celebrate the new Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Release “Holiday Sparkle”. You can start with my account and hop along or start at the beginning with Simon Says Stamp.
My inspiration for you today includes the new embossing folder “Holly Jolly Berries”….And the technique is definitely a new favorite of mine!
- Cut a top folding A2 card base from heavy weight vellum.
- Emboss the front of the card base with an embossing folder according to your machine’s sandwich.
- Die cut 4 white pieces (this will give the card strength and a place to write you message). Adhere to front and back of both sides. *I used a label die.
- Die cut flowers from dark red and lighter red cardstock. Adhered together and ink blend edges for dimension.
- Die cut centers from yellow and “leaves” (embossed flower die) from green.
- Adhere flowers and leaves to white panels. Keep the glue away from the vellum so it doesn’t show through.
- Die cut sentiment from holographic cardstock and twice from white.
- Adhere cut sentiments together. Cut away any extra white pieces so the sentiment lays even over flowers.
- Finish with a few silver baubles.
- SSS Holly Jolly Berries Embossing Folder
- SSS White, Lemon Chiffon Yellow, Green Leaf, School House Red, and Lipstick Red Cardstocks
- SSS Vellum
- SSS Holographic Cardstock
- Concord & 9th Happy Holidays Label Dies
- SSS Dreamy Daisy Layers Dies
- Pink Fresh Candy Apple Ink
- Trinity Stamps Silver Satin Baubles
- Liquid Glue
Isn’t vellum just beautiful in an embossing folder?! I love it and I can’t wait to make more of these stunning cards. The red from the “poinsettias” is just what this card needed to really make it pop!
Thanks for joining me today and don’t forget to stop along the hop and comment for your chance to win $25 from SSS….There will be a winner chosen from each designer!