I am so excited that it is finally DieCember at Simon Says Stamp. It is absolutely my most favorite time of year in the crafting industry! Die cutting is one of my all-time favorite things. If you haven’t see the full release yet, you can see it here. It. Is. Amazing!
I couldn’t decided on one card to inspire you so, I have 2 cards for you. Both use the same die in a very different way. I hope you enjoy them!
- Cut an 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch panel of Midnight Green cardstock.
- Emboss panel using Pinpoint Starlets Embossing Folder.
- Lightly add Sike Lunar Paste onto the raised portions of the panel. Let Dry.
- Trim embossed panel to 3 3/4 by 5 inches.
- Adhere embossed panel to a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch kraft cardstock.
- Die cut leaves from Midnight Green cardstock and gold cardstock using the Whirl Leaves die.
- Adhere green and gold leaves off set.
- Add leaves to the panel with liquid glue and cut off any excess.
- Die cut Bold Hello die 3 times from white cardstock. Adhere all die cuts together for dimension.
- Add “Hello” to panel with liquid glue.
- Adhered finished panel to a top folding card base.
This card just emits elegance. I really enjoyed using the less usual “midnight green” color instead of the traditional black and gold color scheme.
- SSS Whirl Leaves Die
- SSS Bold Hello Die
- Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft Cardstock
- SSS Cardstock: Midnight Green and White
- Hero Arts Sand Cardstock
- SSS Pinpoint Starlets Embossing Folder
- Ranger Simon Hurley Sike Lunar Paste
- Cut a white cardstock panel measuring 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches.
- Using the Whirl leaves die, cut multiple colors of cardstock.
- Apply leaves in a single layer and not overlapping onto the white panel. Cut off excess.
- Use a debossing cover plate with the leaf panel to add texture and interest.
- Trim panel to 4 by 5 1/4 inches and apply to a white side folding card base.
- Die cut the shadow for the sentiment 3 times from white cardstock and sentiment 2 times from Slate cardstock.
- Adhere all die cuts together for dimension and adhere to the card front.
- For added shine, embellishments are added to the white space.
This technique produced a very clean and interesting background for a card that can carry so much meaning for someone. I love the look of it and plan to do more in the future!
- SSS Whirl Leaves Die
- SSS Cardstock: White, Mint, Green Apple, and Peacock Teal
- SSS Here For You Die
- Concord & 9th Stitched Vines Card Front Die
- Trinity Stamps Shimmer and Shine Embellishment Mix
Thank you so much for visiting me today! I hope you enjoy DieCember as much as I am going to. Happy Crafting!