Hello crafty friends! Today, I am participating in an Instagram hop for Simon Says Stamp (SSS) DieCember. This month, SSS has a huge release of dies and other great products. If you have not checked out all the amazing products, you can do so here.
My card for you today uses the gorgeous “Whirl Leaves”. This is a fantastic and versatile die to have in your collection. Let’s check out the card!
- Cut a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch panel of Neenah Solar White cardstock. Use the Concord & 9th Picnic Plaid Turnabout stamp to make a background.
- Die cut inked panel with a stitched rectangle die.
- Use a scalloped rectangle to make an additional panel from white cardstock.
- Adhere scalloped and inked panel together.
- Use the “Whirl Leaves” die to cut once from vellum, twice from white cardstock and once from Pawsitively Velvet cardstock.
- Gently blend ink onto the velvet. Adhere 2 white pieces and velvet piece for dimension.
- Apply vellum leaves and dimensional leaves to the panel.
- Cut the Thanks sentiment 3 times from black cardstock and adhere together.
- Add the sentiment, sub-sentiment and silver baubles.
- Finish the card by applying the final piece to a top folding white card base.
I absolutely adore the plaid background for this card. The leaves stand out just a bit with the subtle inking and soft velvet texture.
- SSS Whirl Leaves Die
- SSS Bold Thanks Die
- SSS Stitched Rectangle Dies
- Honey Bee Stamps Scallop A2 Dies
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
- SSS Black Cardstock
- Pawsitively Velvet Snow White Cardstock
- SSS Vellum
- SSS Encouraging Words Sentiment Strips
- Concord & 9th Picnic Plaid Turnabout Stamp
- Concord & 9th Inks: Honeysuckle, Sea Glass, Grapefruit, and Dove.
- Trinity Stamps Glitzy Grey Embellishment Mix (Here is a nice alternative)
Thank you for joining me today. Don’t forget to comment for your chance to win a gift card from Simon Says Stamp. There will be a winner chosen at each stop!