Hello and welcome everyone! I am so excited that the new My Monthly Hero (MMH) kit is here! I am sure that this one will sell out quickly. It is filled with lots of dies for some gorgeous holiday (or even non-holiday) cards. Lets take a little peek at this wonderful kit!
Tis the season… for making holiday tags and decorations! Our November My Monthly Hero release is packed full of darling products you can use to create handmade ornaments, tags, cards and more! The kit includes a large set of 31 scene-building dies that can be combined in countless ways. There’s a message set featuring holiday essentials. The kit is rounded out with ribbon and sequins – the perfect finishing touches for your tags or ornaments!
|Kit Contents:||• 3″ x 4″ Clear Stamp Set|
|• 31 Ornament-building Fancy Dies|
|• 6 Sheets of Acetate Panels|
|• 10 Sheets of Deluxe Smooth White Cardstock, 5.5″ x 8.5″|
|• Scarlet Satin Ribbon, 1/4″ wide, 3 yds.|
|• Snowflake Sequins|
Kit Value: $71
Kit Cost: $34.99
Let’s get right into the inspiration for this kit!
- Die cut elements for the wreath from various colors of cardstock. Snowflakes were cut using glitter cardstock.
- Add details/depth with alcohol markers or inks using a blending brush onto die cut pieces.
- Cut a white panel of cardstock to 4 by 5 1/4 inches.
- Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment towards the bottom of the white panel using Brass embossing powder.
- Arrange and adhere all elements using liquid glue and foam tape to the panel.
- Add finished panel to a top folding A2 card base.
*A quick tip*- Starting with a colored cardstock makes blending much easier. I started with a dark and mid range color of marker for the flowers, pinecones and bow. The cardstock was my lightest color.
- MMH November 2022 Card Kit
- Cardstock: Cranberry, Palm, Dove White, Sand, Paradise, and Pebble
- White Glitter Cardstock
- Brass Embossing Powder
- Embossing Ink
- Copic Markers
- Foam Tape
- Liquid Glue
Do you ever get stuck wondering what you should do with all those little die cut elements? Well I have a fun and easy solution for you. This card would mail easily and it would be simple to duplicate in multiple colors.
- Select all of the small die cuts from the kit and die cut them in various colors of cardstock. I chose red and green for a fun and festive look.
- Trim a white panel of cardstock to 3 3/4 by 5 inches.
- Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment in the middle of your panel.
- Using a T-ruler, draw a few equal pencil lines to ensure your small elements are straight.
- Alternate colors and die cut elements in rows around the sentiment.
- Use a white gel pen to add highlights to the die cuts.
- Fill in the white space with pretty sequins for “snow”. The ones from the kit would work great here.
- Add a matte panel in a matching cardstock color that is trimmed to 4 by 5 1/4 inches.
- Adhered the finished panel to a top folding white card base.
- MMH November 2022 Kit
- Cardstock: Palm, Cranberry and Dove White
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Embossing Ink
- Sequins For Snow
- White Gel Pen
- Liquid Glue
|GIVEAWAY:||We will give away a $50 gift card, drawn from the comments left across the hop. Enter by Sunday, November 13th at 11:59pm Pacific, and the winner will be announced on the Hero Arts blog the following week.|
|Hero Arts Creative Team:|
|Hero Arts Global Team:|
|Meg Brooks. <—- You are here|
Thank you so much for joining us on this fabulous blog hop and giveaway. I hope that you are enjoying all the incredible inspiration from this kit. And don’t forget those add-ons! Have a wonderful day and stay crafty!